Are you aware of this natural ingredient, which is a miracle worker for your hair! Learn all about coconut shell ash for hair in this article.
Many of us are aware of the benefits of activated charcoal for our skin and hair. However, only a few can tell you the plethora of benefits of charcoal made from coconut shells. Also, known as coconut shell ash, the charcoal promotes hair growth and adds volume to the hair.
What is coconut shell ash?
Charcoal made from coconut shells is coconut shell ash; in other words, the ash of burnt coconut shells. Even as the process looks easy, it is time-consuming and should be done with precaution. To make coconut shell ash, take good quality, mature coconuts. Break them and remove the fruit and the water from the coconut.
Clean the coconut properly by scouring inside out. Followed by the cleaning, the coconut shells are to be dried and burnt, so it forms charcoal. Collect the charcoal and pound it to create fine powder ash. You can easily store this ash in a clean container.
Coconut Shell Ash for Hair
1. Soothes the Scalp
The scalp is skin too; in other words, just like the skin, the scalp collects dust, and its pores get clogged as well. Coconut shell ash helps soothe the scalp and removes these impurities. The deep cleaning of the pores helps the scalp breathe, thus stimulating the healthy growth of hair.
2. Useful for All Types of Hair
The coconut shell ash is an ideal ingredient for all hair types. The charcoal helps revive hair and add a healthy bounce to any hair type. So, anyone can use coconut shell ash regularly for healthy, strong hair.
3. Boosts Hair Volume
Apart from rejuvenating existing hair, coconut charcoal also promotes new hair growth and, thereby, volume. Regular shampoos do clear the scalp; however, they don’t help in deep cleaning the pores so that new hair can grow. Coconut shell ash’s cleansing properties help you achieve thick beautiful hair.
4. A Powerful Detoxifier
Just like activated charcoal, coconut shell ash attracts all impurities and greasiness like a magnet. While removing the dirt, the ash also removes extra sebum produced by the scalp. The cleansing process balances the pH level of your scalp and detoxifies it, which means it eliminates the chemical deposits on your hair from the various hair products you use.
5. Increases the Benefits of Products Used Simultaneously
The detoxification of the scalp improves its ability to absorb the nutrients of your hair treatments, which, in turn, improves the overall health of your hair.
How to use coconut shell ash for your hair?
There are various ways you can incorporate this beneficial ingredient to your hair care routine. Here are a few exciting ways; the coconut shell ash can be used for your hair treatments.
- As a scrub: Mixing two tablespoons of coconut shell ash with coconut oil makes an excellent scrub for cleaning your scalp. Scrub your scalp with this mixture gently and leave it in the hair for twenty minutes. The scrubbing helps remove the impurities from the surface, at the same time, leaving the mixture in your hair helps it absorb deep-rooted impurities and excess oil of the scalp.
- As a shampoo: Instead of making a shampoo, this easy DIY method helps you reap the benefits of coconut shell ash without any mess. You can add some coconut ash to the shampoo that suits you well and shake the bottle well. This method helps the charcoal shell ash clean, revive, and rejuvenate your hair and scalp with ease. Make sure you use a mild shampoo for the cleaning method.
- In a hair mask: For the hair mask, mix a cup of water with half a teaspoon of baking soda and half spoon of coconut shell ash. Like a rinse, apply this mixture to your head and gently massage your scalp. Leave the hair mask in for twenty minutes and shampoo as usual. The hair mask repairs damaged hair and helps with the healthy growth of new ones as well.
Say goodbye to all your hair woes with this unique charcoal product. Are you ready to add coconut shell ash to your daily hair care routine? Let us know!