Know the benefits of green peas powder for face and learn how to use green peas powder for flawless and glowing skin.
Uneven skin tone and dull patches on the face can be worrisome. Some of the reasons for pigmented and blemished skin are hormonal fluctuations, nutritional deficiencies, and unbalanced release of melanin in the body. In addition to that, skin’s daily exposure to the harmful UV rays and pollutants can further damage the skin. Green peas powder or pea flour is an active natural ingredient that can help you get brighter and healthier skin.
Benefits of Green Peas Powder for Face
Green peas powder can act as a magic wand in giving you brighter and cleaner skin. The protein-rich vegetable powder stimulates and promotes the healing process of the skin. In addition to that, the protein content helps in the skins’ regeneration, resulting in youthful-looking supple skin.
Peas are also a powerhouse of antioxidants and essential Vitamins A, C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, E, and K.These nutrients and other minerals present in the vegetable reduce the oxidative damage to the skin. In addition to that, they also control the signs of aging and creates a protective barrier on the skin’s surface, keeping it nourished and hydrated.
Know More About the Beneficial Properties of Each Vitamin in Pea Powder
- Vitamin B3 – Moisturizes and soothes the skin. It also helps in improving the skin tone.
- Vitamin B6 – Treats skin irritations and inflammation.
- Vitamin B12 – Regenerates and improves damaged skin. The vitamin content helps in getting rejuvenated and radiant skin.
- Vitamin A – Has anti-aging benefits that reduce wrinkles, age spots, and fine lines. It also helps improving skin texture and smoothens the skin.
- Vitamin C – Creates a protective barrier for the skin, preventing and treating damage from free radicals, especially issues like aging signs and uneven skin tone.
Homemade Green Pea Powder Mask Recipes
Pea Powder and Rice Water Face Mask
Green pea powder is famous for its skin lightening and firming properties. Pea flour face masks are an instant way to reap these benefits, especially when the recipe is enhanced with rice water.
- Half cup of uncooked rice
- One cup of filtered water
- Two tablespoons of green pea powder
- Soak the uncooked rice in the filtered water for an hour. Keep stirring in intervals so that the minerals from the rice get released in the water.
- After that, take two tablespoons of pea powder/flour in a clean bowl and add enough rice water to make a smooth paste for application. Let the face mask mixture sit for ten minutes and add more rice water if required.
- Now apply a thin film of this mask on your face and let it sit for ten minutes. Then, wash it with cold water and pat dry your face.
- Finally, apply a light moisturizer to lock in the nutrients of the mask.
Pea Powder and Papaya Face Mask
Ripe papaya is a rich source of beta hydroxy acid. This acid helps reduce scars and marks on the face and exfoliates the skin gently to remove dead skin cells for brighter, more youthful skin. Mixed with pea powder, the papaya pulp helps in reducing blemishes, scars, and discolored patches on the face.
- Eight pieces (chunks) of ripened papaya
- Three teaspoons of green pea powder
- In a bowl, add the deskinned papaya pieces and mash them well with a fork.
- After that, add the pea powder to the mashed fruit and mix well.
- Apply this papaya and pea powder face mask on your face and neck.
- Let the face mask sit for twenty minutes.
- Finally, remove this mask with a wet tissue or a soaked and rinsed microfibre towel.
Note: You can also customize the face mask by adding other natural ingredients that suit your skin.