Both olive oil and milk have a long list of benefits for your health. But, can you mix these together? Let’s know more about olive oil with milk benefits.
Olive oil and milk both individually have a myriad of health benefits for mankind. From relieving constipation to improving skin health, both these ingredients will never fail your expectations. Combining the nourishing and healthy properties of olive oil and milk can help you get flawless skin and hair. The combination can help you get relief from the underlying health conditions. Learn more about olive oil and milk benefits below!
Olive Oil and Milk Benefits
1. Treats and Prevents Constipation
The natural fats present in olive oil acts as a laxative and help smooth the bowel movements, making it easier for the stool to pass. The oil is even more effective when you mix it in a warm cup of milk. So, taking one tablespoon of olive oil in warm milk on an empty stomach regularly can help you get relief from constipation. However, if the stool turns softer than intended, hold back on the consumption of the mix and drink the combination twice a week only.
Note: Infants and children suffering from constipation should not consume olive oil as it can lead to diarrhea. Instead, you can give infants a good serving of apple or pear juice in case of constipation. Besides, you can even give young kids pureed prunes for the purpose.
2. Brightens Up the Face
In addition to B-Vitamins, milk is a rich source of alpha-hydroxy acids and calcium. These nutrients add to the antioxidant and exfoliant properties of the milk. On the other hand, olive oil is exceptionally nourishing for the skin and creates a healthy barrier that protects the skin from pollutants and other free radicals. It even helps the skin with instant glow and radiance. Therefore, a face pack with milk and olive oil cleans and moisturizes the skin and prevents the signs of aging. Moreover, the lactic acid in the milk minimizes the chances of clogged pores due to the oil.
3. Nourishes and Conditions Hair
A natural and chemical-free mask of milk and olive can radically change the look and feel of your hair. The nourishing properties of both the natural ingredients make the hair smooth, soft, and shiny.
Homemade Recipes with Olive Oil and Milk
Olive Oil and Milk Face Mask Recipe
Olive oil is extremely beneficial for your skin. Milk has soothing and nourishing properties that help clean, moisturize, and add glow to your face.
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One tablespoon of raw milk
- Two teaspoons of turmeric powder (the spice is known for its antibacterial, antiseptic, healing, and antioxidant properties)
- Mix the three ingredients in a bowl to form a smooth paste. Clean your face with a natural cleanser.
- After that, apply this face mask with the help of a clean brush all over your face and neck.
- Let the mask sit for ten minutes or till it dries completely.
- Finally, wash your face with lukewarm water and follow up with rosewater cleanse and moisturizing.
Olive Oil and Coconut Milk Hair Mask Recipe
The natural fats present in coconut milk and olive oil deeply penetrate the hair and roots and give you exceptional results. This easy-to-make and use recipe can do wonders for your hair quality. Are you looking for a hair mask recipe to boost hair growth? We have a homemade olive oil mask for healthy hair growth right here.
- One tablespoon of coconut milk
- One teaspoon of olive oil
- Warm water (Enough to cover your hair from roots to tips)
- Add and mix all the ingredients well in a clean bowl.
- After that, massage the conditioning hair mask thoroughly from your scalp to the tips of your hair.
- Leave the mask on for five minutes
- Shampoo and condition your hair as usual after the process. However, make sure that you properly rinse the hair mask.
- Afterward, let your hair dry naturally.
You can freely use these hair and face mask recipes to reap olive oil with milk benefits. Share your experience with the rest of our readers so that they are well informed.