Want to know what does okra do for your hair? Read all about the benefits of okra that can help add and restore shine to your dull hair!
Keeping hair moisturized not only adds to the look and feel of the hair, but it is also essential to maintain their overall health. Dry and frizzy hair tends to damage faster and leads to other issues like hair fall, and breaking, and losing hair. In addition to this, weak and damaged hair succumbs to exposure to intense UV light and other free radicals in the environment.
Okra, also known as ladyfinger, is an unconventional but extremely effective natural remedy that can help you get healthy, moisturized, and well-maintained hair. Eating the vegetable regularly can help you get the required nutrients for beautiful, healthy hair. However, if you do not fancy the vegetable, you can apply it on your scalp to reap its benefits. Find the homemade okra gel recipe for your hair at the end of this article!
What Does Okra do for Your Hair
Okra is a rich source of vitamins A, B complex, C, E, and K. In addition to that, the vegetable has a high content of minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and potassium, making it a nutritional powerhouse. These nutritions add to the strength and shine of your hair strands. Also, applying the slime of the vegetable directly on the scalp provides it high quantities of mucilaginous fibers that help fight damaging free radicals that the hair and the scalp get exposed to every day.
The benefits of okra slime and paste for the hair and scalp include intense moisturization, treatment of dry, flaky scalp, and promotion of healthy hair growth.
Topical Application of Okra for Hair
Okra Gel Conditioner
You can make a homemade okra gel for your hair that takes care of your hair’s nutrient and maintenance needs.
- Eight okra pods
- One cup of water
- Three drops of lavender essential oil
- Half a teaspoon of Vitamin E oil
- Wash the okra pods thoroughly and then cut them into small pieces.
- After that, put them in a pot with one cup of water and leave it for boiling for at least fifteen minutes. Check if you need to add a little water. The desired consistency of the boiled gel should look like a gooey or sticky gel liquid.
- Strain the water with the help of a strainer to remove all the seeds.
- Now add the lavender essential oil and Vitamin E oil to the strained gel.
How to Use
- Shampoo your hair as usual.
- After that, squeeze out as much of the water as you can from your hair.
- Now apply the okra gel from the roots to the tips of your hair and massage gently.
- Let the gel sit for a minute and then rinse thoroughly with cold water.
So, are you willing to give this slimy vegetable a chance? It can help you get beautiful and healthy locks! Let us know what you think of this natural remedy in the comments.