The iconic flower known for its romantic notions is an amazing ingredient for your beauty as well. Try it with this rose face mask homemade recipe!
Apart from being beautiful and attractive, the rose has skin-benefiting properties that make them a special ingredient that can be incorporated in your skincare routine. Rose has been used in cosmetic products in its distilled form as well as the petals. Know more about the benefits of a rose for your skin and DIY this rose face mask homemade recipe to reap its benefits.
Benefits of Rose
1. Fights Skin Dullness
Rose flower extracts are reliable protection against free radicals and pollution and possess significant benefits for your skin. The topical application of rose extracts strengthen the skin cells and results in supple and glowing skin. The antioxidants in the rose flower have therapeutic skin properties and anti-aging benefits as well.
2. Hydrates Skin
Rose is an ideal ingredient for all skin types. The moisturizing properties of the flower soothe and nourish the skin while keeping the skin’s moisture barrier healthy. Rosewater is also a popular choice for cleansers and toners. The astringent qualities of rose help reduce the appearance of capillaries on the face. The hydrating properties make rose water and rosehip oil an ideal ingredient to soothe sunburns as well.
4. Fights Signs of Aging
Rosewater is a packed powerhouse of beneficial nutrients such as Vitamins A and C that help fight dark spots and other signs of aging. Rose plant extracts aid the collagen production in skin and is a natural source of retinol. These properties smoothen the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
5. Reduces Excess Oil
The rose water helps moisturize the face and clean the pores while controlling excess oil production. The property not only enables you to maintain the natural pH balance of your face but also helps you manage active acne.
- The pH balance of a rose is almost similar to human skin. The fact makes rose water an ideal product to naturally balance the pH levels of your face.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of the rose extract also help soothe the skin and treat rashes, blemishes, and other skin irritations.
6. Natural Makeup Remover
Rosewater is a natural makeup remover and so, it gently cleanses the skin and moisturizes it effortlessly. The natural distilled rose extract breaks down and removes even waterproof makeup, working on the texture and appearance of the skin at the same time.
7. Fights Depression and Rejuvenates Skin
Studies have revealed that the luxurious aroma of roses can help lift your mood. Any form of anxiety has a direct impact on your skin. Rose infused products are said to help soothe, calm, and relax both your senses and your skin.
Forms of Roses to Use for Skincare:
- Rose essential oil
- Rosehip seed oil
- Rose petals
Steps for Complete Rose Care for Face
- Clean your face with a cotton swab dipped in rose water to get rid of dirt and oil from the skin.
- Soak a handful of rose petals in water and crush them after thirty minutes. Mix these crushed petals with ground oats and use this mix to scrub your skin gently.
- Apply a prepared rose mask to your face. [Recipe at the end]
- Rinse your face with cold water and tone with rose water.
- Cleaning your face with rose products can help you get soft, supple, and glowing skin.
Rose Face Mask Homemade Recipe
- Eight fresh rose petals
- One teaspoon yogurt
- One teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Two drops of rose essential oil
- Soak the rose petals in a bowl of water for an hour.
- Crush these soaked petals on a stone mortar or in a food processor on a low setting. (Remember, the result is not supposed to be a smooth paste)
- Add the other ingredients to the crushed petals to make a face mask.
- Apply the face mask and leave on face for 15-20 minutes.
By adopting rose in your skincare regime, you will benefit your skin in many ways with the natural goodness of rose!