Know how to make a natural nail strengthener recipe at home in this article. Also, learn how to keep your nails healthy and strong.
Long and strong nails not only adds on to the beauty of your hands but also prevents possible nail damaging moments. Many factors can affect the health and strength of your nails, including excess exposure to water, chemicals in nail paints, and other outdoor elements. Therefore, it is essential to take care of your nails. You can do that with nail strengtheners available in the market. However, if you prefer natural ingredients over chemicals, you can make a natural nail strengthener recipe at home with everyday ingredients available in your kitchen.
Natural Nail Strengthener Recipe
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients in a clean bowl and mix well.
- After that, heat the mixture so that it is warm yet comfortable to touch.
- Now remix the nail strengthener and apply it on your nails with a clean cotton swab.
- You can use this solution on the underside of your nail as well.
- Make sure you apply the strengthener all over the nail bed, especially the base and the cuticles.
- Apply every night before bedtime for ideal results. You can also wear cotton gloves after the process to protect your bed linen.
Note: Make sure you use fresh strengthener every time on clean nails. Remove excess recipe or rub it all over your hands, as the mixture can help you get soft and smooth hands as well. If the solution is not making any difference, consult a doctor as weak nails denote deficiencies and other underlying health conditions.
Tips To Maintain Strong Nails
1. Limit Exposure to Water
Prolonged exposure to water can affect the strength of your nails. For healthy and strong nails, you can limit the exposure of your nails to water by wearing gloves for household chores including washing dishes, and gardening.
2. Increase Water Intake
Proper hydration not only ensures beautiful skin and hair but also promotes healthy and strong nails. Hydrated cuticles and nail beds ensure that your nail growth is healthy and strong.
3. Eating a Balanced Diet
Believe it or not, nutritional deficiencies can play a significant role in your nails being brittle. Eating a balanced diet with high nutritional value can strengthen your nails.
4. Regular Applying of Cuticle oils or Crème
Healthy cuticles add on to the strength of the nails as well. So, the application of cuticle oils and cremes before bedtime should be a regular practice to ensure strong nails.
5. Stop Using Nails for Dirty Work
It would help if you stopped using your nails for dirty and nail-damaging tasks like opening tins and boxes and removing stickers, as applying too much pressure on the nails can cause damage as well.
Do you like this simple yet effective natural nail strengthener recipe? Let us know about your experience in the comments!