Although your mattress looks clean and hygienic everytime you change the sheet, yet it’s untidy! Want to know how and why? Read this article.
An average person sweats almost half-a-glass every day. Gross! Well, apart from human sweat, your mattresses are a good home for bacterias and dirt as well. Many of us spend half of our day lying down on our mattress which we think is tidy but it’s not.
Changing just the sheet every once in a while would not do because your mattress catches everything from dirt to any kind of body fluids. The more nasty fact is that the sheet is the only thing which is between you and your mattress. While there are many cleaning products available on the market, they can be toxic to human health. Commercial cleaning products are expensive too. There’s an easy solution to this problem, learn how to clean your mattress with baking soda!
Cleaning your mattress with baking soda kills all the microorganisms, absorbs all the dirt and moisture, and eliminates any bad odor. Unlike the commercial products, it’s inexpensive and non-toxic too. Using this kitchen ingredient, you can clean your mattress easily and that too without spending even a penny for it!
Here’s How to Clean your Mattress with Baking Soda
- Remove the sheet from your bed and vacuum all over the surface of the mattress. This way you can clean off the dirt particles from your bed.
- With the help of a strainer, evenly distribute baking soda all over the mattress. You can add few drops of essential oil if you wish, otherwise, baking soda itself is a great agent for removing bad odors.
- After you complete the second step, leave the bed 2-3 hours.
- Lastly, vacuum all over the surface.
- Now use a fresh sheet to cover your mattress and sleep well! Repeat this deep cleaning process with baking soda every once-in-a-while for a clean and healthy bed!
Pro Tip: Whenever you vacuum your bed, use a clean upholstery attachment. This is because your vacuum sucks every dirt and you surely don’t want those impurities to deposit on your bed.
You can use baking soda for laundry, for teeth whitening, for cleaning the kitchen, for removing odors, for curing ailments and in many beauty hacks too. If you wish to read more about these uses in detail, you can check this article.
Baking Soda is undoubtedly one of the most practical kitchen ingredients that you can use in almost everything, from cooking uses to lifehacks.
Good DIY ideas . I will be cleaning my mattress tonight. Did not Know how much sweat and dirt fall on the mattress Thanks for the DIY (baking soda)