Frankincense works great for treating wrinkles and healing the skin. This homemade face cream recipe with frankincense is definitely worth a try!
An ideal solution for all skin types and skin problems, frankincense is a common ingredient in many creams and cosmetics. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties encourage healthy and beautiful skin.
Here are a Few Beauty Benefits of Frankincense Essential Oil
1. Help Reduce Skin Inflammation
Frankincense oil promotes new cell growth and works to improve skin conditions like inflammation, redness and other surface irritations. Amongst the plethora of skin rejuvenating properties, it relaxes, soothes and helps you get glowing, flawless skin.
2. Improves Skin Texture
For centuries, frankincense has been infamous to be used by powerful women like Cleopatra to lift and tighten their skin texture. The diluted essential oil helps improve the elasticity of the skin, works as an excellent toner and treats chapped skin too. When you mix Frankincense oil with carriers like rosewater, it works as a natural astringent and is good to use as a daily skincare product.
3. Clears Blemishes and Acne
Dermatologically tested and recommended by experts, frankincense has tissue remodeling characteristics and properties that help treat blemishes and acne. It treats old and new stretch marks and scars as well. The natural oil work wonders in removing even the most difficult marks, over some time.
4. Anti-Aging Properties
Being amongst one of the most powerful anti-aging oils, frankincense helps with the slow signs of aging like wrinkles, laughing lines, and discoloration. Being an exceptional product for mature, prematurely aging and damaged skin, natural oil promotes faster healing and stimulates the growth of new cells.
5. Lowers Stress Levels
The woodsy musk of the oil has made it a popular choice for using in a diffuser for meditation and relaxation purposes. But the popularity of this oil doesn’t limit to spas and meditation centers, frankincense oil is added and diluted with carriers that can be applied for the same effect. It can also be an effective sleep remedy. Just adding a few drops of frankincense to your essential oil diffuser can get you a sound sleep.
Homemade Face Cream Recipe with Frankincense Oil
Base components like coconut oil and myrrh are good to add on to the effects of frankincense oil and work well together for smooth, elastic skin. You can add both or one of these complimenting components to your cream. This anti-aging homemade face cream with frankincense is perfect for use on the face, hands, and feet as well.
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Oil
- 3 tablespoons of Jojoba Oil
- 1 cup Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Beeswax
- 10 Drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 10 Drops Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil
Coconut oil and jojoba oil complements frankincense to improve the texture of the skin. Aloe vera gel helps with the oil-balance of the skin and ylang-ylang essential oil controls breakouts and blemishes amongst other benefits. Beeswax helps the cream to retain its texture.
- In a pot on low heat, add the coconut oil, beeswax and the jojoba oil to melt. Keep stirring the oils and the beeswax continuously.
- After everything is mixed, remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Once it cools and has hardened like wax, use a fork to mix it.
- Put it in a blender and add about two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Stir and blend with more aloe vera gel at the time interval of about 30 seconds.
- When the mixture takes a lotion form, add the essential oils and blend to mix everything.
- Your homemade cream is ready! It can be used as a lotion as well, depending on your preference.
Clean and tone your skin and then apply this cream for the best results. You can apply it at any time, but for the best results, you should try it at night.