Move out from toxic stain cleaners to essential oils for carpet stains to get rid of tough stains with chemical-free solutions and sweet smell!
While it’s true that commercial stain cleaners can remove any stain with ease, it’s also true that the high level of chemicals can be bad for your health. Know how to make a natural cleaner with our homemade essential oils for carpet stain recipes.
The first thing to do even before you access the damage and start cleaning the stain is to try and scoop/dab any excess material on your carpet. Not only will the step help you clean better, but it will also prevent the stain culprit from spreading around.
Make sure you are not rubbing the stain without the cleaning agent, as that will lead the spill to go deeper into the carpet fibers. Once you have scooped and blotted the stain, it is now time to clean it.
Use water and a clean towel to start cleaning the stain. Water helps remove some, if not all, the stain material. However, it is not advisable to begin the cleaning process with water if the stain material has any form of oil and grease in it.
Essential Oils For Carpet Stain
#1 Tea Tree Oil Cleaner
- One cup of white vinegar
- Two teaspoons of borax powder
- One cup of boiled water (after cooling)
- Ten drops of tea tree essential oil
- Ten drops of lemon essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a spray bottle.
- Store in a dry place.
- Spray the mixture directly on the stain till the carpet is damp.
- Now let the cleaning mix sit on the stain for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, use a clean white cloth and blot the stain. Keep folding the clean cloth to get the stains on the fabric’s surface from the carpet.
- Repeat the process with another cleaner soaked fabric till the stain is removed.
- After the carpet is cleaned, use a water-soaked area to clean the carpet and stop the cleaning process, so the rug doesn’t look bleached from the particular area.
- Blot the cleaned area with a dry towel.
- Apart from helping the cleaning process, the essential oils in the recipe help lift any odor from the stained area in the carpet.
Note: Keep the cleaner handy or ready as it is always better to clean the stain as soon as possible. Also, it is imperative to understand and know the cleaning instructions of your carpet based on the base material. When you are buying the carpet, make sure you have a word with the manufacturer regarding this issue.
#2 Lavender essential oil cleaner
- 1/4th cup of dishwashing soap
- ½ cup of water
- Ten drops of lavender essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a clean bowl. Now with the help of a damp sponge, clean the stained area.
- After the cleaning process, remove the residue with a damp towel.
- Repeat the cleaning process if required.
- Pat dry the area after cleaning with a dry towel and then vacuum the carpet.
#3 Lavender essential oil spray cleaner
- A cup of white vinegar
- Two cups of water
- Two teaspoons of salt
- Fifteen drops of lavender essential oil
- Add all the ingredients in a clean spray bottle and shake the bottle well.
- Keep shaking the bottle and spraying the stained area till the carpet is damp. You can use the spray generously.
- Now, wait for the carpet to dry.
- Once the carpet has dried, vacuum the treated carpet areas.
- Repeat the process if required.
Note: Make sure you use clear essential oils for your recipes instead of the oils with a little tint.
Be ready when the spill-happens!