You can get long lush eyelashes without using any extensions. Know more about does aloe make your eyelashes grow in this article!
How Does Aloe Make Your Eyelashes Grow
Aloe vera is a powerhouse of various vitamins and nutrients and is amongst the most recommended natural products in the cosmetic industry. It is also a popular recommendation for healthy eyelashes and eyebrows. However, the gel works best mixed with some other natural ingredients for the desired outcome for your eyelashes.
Apart from uplifting our looks, eyelashes act as a protective barrier for our eyes. Various factors affect the density and length of your eyelashes, from day-to-day pollutants and dirt to eye makeup. Over some time, the eyelashes become thin and lose its original length as well. The many herbal properties of aloe vera make it an ideal solution for nourishing thick luscious lashes.
Aloe vera gel conditions, strengthen, and repair eyelashes. The presence of natural auxin and vitamin E in the natural gel helps support the growth of lashes and eyebrows. So, does aloe make your eyelashes grow? Yes, it surely does; follow the serum recipes to implement a healthy eyelash care regime!
Homemade Recipes for Treating Eyelashes
#1 Overnight Eyelash Serum
- Two tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- One tablespoon of castor oil
Method of use:
- Mix and store the ingredients in a clean glass jar.
- Use a clean mascara brush to apply the serum on your eyelashes and over the lash line.
- Keep overnight and wash your face with cold water in the morning.
- Gently wipe your eyes with cotton swabs.
#2 Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil Serum
A potent serum that helps with the growth of the eyelashes, this everyday solution is ideal for people with thin lashes.
- One tea bag of chamomile tea flowers or one tablespoon of dried chamomile flowers
- One tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- One tablespoon of jojoba oil
- Brew the chamomile flowers or tea bag in half cup of hot water (cover and leave for 3 minutes)
- Take one tablespoon of the brewed tea in a clean glass bowl.
- Add the aloe vera gel and jojoba oil in the tea.
- Coat the eyelashes with the prepared serum and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and clean it with warm water.
Apart from applying natural serums, these are some natural ways to maintain your eyelashes and get more volume:
Eyelid massages promote blood circulation in the eyes, which encourages the growth of hair. You can use any of the following oils for the eye massage.
- Jojoba oil
- Castor oil
- Coconut oil
- Baby oil
- Olive oil
- Vitamin E oil
Apply and gently massage your eyes with your fingertips in a circular motion. Continuous massage for 1-3 months is ideal for the best results.
2. Proper Cleaning of Eye Makeup
Just like your face, the pores on your eyelids and the lash line needs to be cleaned regularly. Properly cleaning your eye makeup can help you maintain a healthy set of lashes. You should also avoid using waterproof liners and mascaras all the time as they call for excessive rubbing in the cleaning process, which weakens the roots of the eyelashes.
3. Regular brushing
Regularly brushing your eyelashes with a clean mascara brush from the tips to the ends keeps the eyelashes clean. Apply a little petroleum jelly to your eyelashes to improve the results of the method:
4. Application of fake lashes
Constant use of chemicals in the fake lashes glue can harm the health of your natural eyelashes. You should always use such products in moderation.
5. Constant rubbing of eyes
Constantly rubbing your eyes weakens the roots of your eyelashes and causes them to break apart and fall off easily.
Do you feel your eyelashes are thinning at a rapid speed? Take care of the precautions as mentioned above, and apply these eyelash serums for the best results.