A staple ingredient in Ayurveda, know why frankincense is liquid gold for your face and also, try a DIY face oil with frankincense!
Essential oil with a woody aroma, frankincense is a natural ingredient with multiple benefits for your skin. The all-star ingredient is also beneficial for all skin types, including oily and sensitive skin. The natural astringent properties of this essential oil make it an ideal skincare addition for people suffering from active acne and blemishes. In addition to that, the cytophylactic properties of frankincense essential oil help reduce signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, and pigmentation.
DIY Face Oil with Frankincense
#1 Day Face Oil Recipe for Refreshed and Glowing Face
The antibacterial properties of this essential oil recipe help reduce acne and marks on the face. Continuous use of this recipe can also help you get healthy and glowing skin.
- Two tablespoons of grapeseed oil
- Six drops of frankincense essential oil
- Add the grapeseed oil and frankincense essential oil in a dropper bottle.
- After that, mix the oils by rolling the closed container on your palm for thirty seconds.
- Store the face oil in a cool dark place.
- Apply a drop each of this face oil on your chin, forehead, and cheeks.
- Massage gently all over your face with your fingertips in a circular motion.
#2 Frankincense Night Face Oil for Overall Skin Health
This face oil recipe is an infusion of multiple skin-beneficial oils, each with its unique features and benefits for the skin.
- Two tablespoons of jojoba oil
- Two tablespoons of macadamia nut oil
- Five drops of Vitamin E oil (apart from benefitting the skin, this ingredient also works as a preservative increasing the shelf life of the recipe)
- Ten drops of frankincense essential oil
- Five drops of Lavender essential oil
- Five drops of sandalwood essential oil
- Add all the ingredients in a glass dropper bottle.
- After that, mix all the oils well by rolling the closed container on your palm.
- For application, thoroughly clean your face and neck.
- Then take around ten drops of the face oil and apply it all over your face.
- For best results and healthier skin, use this miraculous oil mix at night before bed.
Note: A test patch of homemade recipes is recommended to check if you are allergic to any ingredient in the recipe.
So, add this day and night frankincense face oil to your skincare regime and get a flawless face and skin.
Looking for the right oils for the above DIY Face Oil with Frankincense? Here’s our top picks: