DIY a magnesium lotion recipe at home to reap maximum benefits out of it to benefit your skin with good health!
Even as we are all aware of the benefits of magnesium for our skin, we don’t know how to incorporate it into our skincare regime.
Applying magnesium oils directly on your skin can cause itchiness and discomfort. However, mixed in lotions and creams, magnesium oil works wonders to soothe your skin and supplement it with beneficial properties.
Your essential Epsom salt baths are not enough to provide you with enough magnesium, as it is a rich source of magnesium sulfate. For a desired boost of magnesium, one needs magnesium chloride instead. Not only do magnesium lotions help you with achieving smooth and supple skin by topical application, but they can also help to reduce the symptoms of magnesium deficiency.
Even as oral intake of magnesium pills and oil work for some people, they can cause digestive issues for some. Therefore, it is better to use magnesium based lotions.
Magnesium Lotion Recipe
#1 Sleep aid lotion
Magnesium naturally relaxes the muscles and helps you with better night sleep. The lotion also helps relieve stress from the muscles after a vigorous work-out.
- A cup of magnesium brine
- A cup of virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons of beeswax pellets
- Thirty drops of lavender essential oil
- Thirty drops of chamomile essential oil
- Melt beeswax in olive oil with double boiler method.
- Then add the mixture in a food processor.
- Once the beeswax and olive oil starts churning in the food processor, add the magnesium brine slowly for proper emulsification.
- Add the essential oils in the food processor while the brine, oil, and wax is emulsifying.
- The consistency of the lotion should be creamy, but it should be blended well.
- Store in a clean jar for use.
#2 Magnesium Lotion Recipe for Healthy Skin
Magnesium lotions are also useful for skin replenishment, elasticity, and smooth skin texture. This recipe helps you with a natural glow and hydration of the skin.
- Half a cup of magnesium pellets
- 1/4th cup of coconut oil
- Two tablespoons of beeswax
- Three tablespoons of shea butter
- Take equal portions of magnesium and water in two separate bowls.
- Boil the water on a burner. Then add around three tablespoons of boiling water in the cup that has magnesium. Stir the mix till the magnesium is dissolved. Now, keep it aside.
- In a clean bowl, measure and mix the coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax. Following the process, melt all the ingredients with the double boiler method.
- Once the ingredients melt, remove the bowl from heat and keep it aside.
- Now add the magnesium in the mixture and start blending with a hand processor on a low setting.
- Blend till the lotion gets to a whipped consistency. Use every night before bed for beautiful skin.
#3 Lotion for Pain
Magnesium lotions can also help you with pain relief. You can use this natural remedy for massaging kids that are going through the pain of growth spurts as well.
- One cup of extra virgin coconut oil
- Half a cup of magnesium chloride
- Ten drops of lavender essential oil
- Half a cup of water
- Add the magnesium to hot water and stir till it dissolves.
- Now, allow the mixture to cool.
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients and start blending with a hand blender.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed well, store the lotion in a clean jar for use.
- The shelf life of this lotion is two months.
You can apply these homemade magnesium lotion recipes anywhere on the body. For best results, massage in a circular motion, on clean and dry skin and avoid contact with open wounds and eyes. Give these all-natural recipes a try and let us know in the comment section below if you have any questions.