Know all about the amazing benefits of coffee and egg mask for your hair. This one is for all the ardent coffee lovers out there!
Most of us cannot function in the morning without a strong, fragrant cup of coffee. While you might have been warned about caffeine’s harmful effects when taken in huge quantities, coffee masks and body scrubs are a different story. Using coffee for skin and hair care has a long list of benefits. Adding egg to coffee enhances its effects and beneficial properties.
Coffee and Egg Mask for Hair
1. Promotes Hair Growth
Eggs, especially egg yolks, stimulates the scalp and nourishes the hair, promoting hair growth. The caffeine traces in coffee also acts as a tonic for the hair follicles and cells. In addition to that, caffeine helps extend the life of your existing hair. The combination of these natural ingredients is thus even more beneficial for your hair’s health and growth.
2. Treats Hair Loss
Proper protein intake helps in the maintenance of healthy skin and hair. Egg whites are a great source of protein. On the other hand, coffee powder stimulates bald spots and hair follicles, preventing further loss and promoting the growth of new healthy hair. Coffee and egg hair mask is, therefore, effective treatment for hair loss.
3. Improves Hair Texture
Eggs and coffee powder helps in nourishing and repairing damaged hair. The strengthened smoother cuticles are not only healthier, but they also result in shinier bouncy hair. Both the natural ingredients are also known to manage dry, frizzy hair, smoothening them and giving them a fine texture.
4. Cleans the Scalp and Balances Hair Sebum
At the same time as coffee cleans and stimulates the scalp for healthy hair, eggs in the mask help balance the hair sebum. The mask acts as a sebum-balancing cleanser that nourishes the hair thoroughly.
Homemade Hair Mask
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of coffee powder
- One egg
- Mix both the ingredients in a small bowl to create a smooth paste.
- After that, apply this mask on your hair, especially the scalp.
- Once the mask is evenly applied, massage it thoroughly on your scalp for five minutes.
- Let the mask sit for an hour while you sit back and relax. You can also wear a shower cap while you wait.
- Rinse the hair mask with a mild shampoo and cold water.
- Repeat the hair treatment once or twice a month for healthy, beautiful hair.
Note: Egg traces left on the scalp can lead to dandruff or flaky scalp. So, make sure you wash your head properly after applying the mask.
Ready to take your coffee and eggs beyond the breakfast table? Try this fantastic hair mask today!