Want to skip using those chemical infused hair growth formulas? Well, these castile soap for hair growth recipes is the key to your secret of healthy hair!
Castile soap is a popular natural substitute for chemical-filled commercial shampoos as it’s a non-toxic cleanser made from olive oil, water, and lye. The vegetable-based-oil soap is a gentle cleanser that preserves the sebum of the scalp while removing excess oils and dirt and promotes hair growth. Know more about the vegetable soap features and how to make your own Castile shampoo bar at home.
Things to know before using Castile Soap Shampoo
There are a lot of benefits of using castile soap for cleaning body, hair, and face. It is, however, crucial to understand that every person’s requirements are different, and thus the amount of dilution required for the castile soap in various products differs as well.
- The product in itself is exceptionally potent, and thus it is advised not to use the castile soap directly. Small quantities of soap are enough to create the right amount of solution or a bar for your hair.
- Even as balancing the pH levels is exceptionally crucial when using the alkaline nature soap bar, do not mix acidic solutions to your castile soap as it would do more harm than benefit. Make sure the acidic conditioners are used after rinsing the castile soap.
- You can easily create an acidic water rinse diluted with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Also, take your time to make the required concoctions before you step in the shower.
- Make sure you finish the cleansing process with light oil to lock in the moisture in your hair. You can use oils in small quantities to add a sheen and bounce to the hair.
- Do not use castile soap on dyed hair as it is not color friendly. The alkaline nature of the soap will strip the colors of your hair.
Castile Soap For Hair Growth
#1 Lavender Oil Castile Shampoo Bar
- 6 bars of Castile melt and pour base
- 20-30 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sweet almond oil
- Melt the castile soap with a double boiler method on low heat.
- Once the soap melts, add the essential oils and the sweet almond oil to the solution.
- Pour in a caster or mould and leave to set until it hardens.
- Now use the shampoo bar to wash and rinse your hair.
- Take a teaspoon of sweet almond oil and massage your hair to lock the moisture in. (optional)
Note: The hair experiences a detox period after the switch, and you might feel that the hair is still oily and heavy, even after wash. Give your hair some time to get used to the shampoo to see the results.
#2 Peppermint Castile Shampoo
- Castile soap base bars
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Ten drops of peppermint and tea tree essential oil
- Melt the Castile soap in a double boiler on low heat.
- Once the soap melts, add the essential oils and olive oil to the pot.
- Pour the solution in the moulds and leave to set and harden.
- After washing and rinsing, clean your hair with lemon water. (1/4 cup of lemon juice mixed with 3 cups of water)
- Rinse and finish with a massage of 1 tablespoon of olive oil/jojoba oil.
#3 Anti-dandruff Shampoo with Castile Soap
- 5 bars of Castile soap base
- 1/2 teaspoon of grapeseed oil
- Cloves powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- First, you need to melt the Castile soap; either in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Mix the other ingredients to the soap once it starts to melt.
- Let the moulds sit for 24 hours.
- Take a bar and apply and lather it all over the scalp and hair.
- Rinse well followed by a natural conditioner.
#4 Rosemary Lemon Shampoo for Extra Sheen
- 6 Castile soap base bars
- Three tablespoons of dried rosemary leaves
- Five drops of rosemary essential oil
- Two tablespoons of sweet almond oil
- 12 drops of lemon essential oil
- Let the soap base melt on a double boiler on low heat until it turns into a clear liquid.
- After the soap melts, add the essential oils, rosemary leaves, and sweet almond oil to the bowl.
- Pour the mixture in silicone moulds and leave to set and harden.
- Use the shampoo bar to clean your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Rinse and finish with a massage of sweet almond oil.