Know all about carrot juice as a booster for your skin and the benefits of leaving carrot juice on face overnight in this article!
There are several skincare brands available in the market these days. However, with the changing trends and people moving on to natural ingredients for their skincare, homemade recipes with natural ingredients have become popular. So, instead of going to a skincare brand for your next must-have face mask, search your kitchen for a miraculous ingredient that will help you with flawless glowing skin! Apart from keeping your eye-sight healthy, carrots are perfect for your skin as well.
Benefits Of Leaving Carrot Juice On Face Overnight
1. Reduces signs of aging
There is alpha, and beta carotene present in carrot juice, which helps to fight free radicals. In addition to these, the carotenoids present in carrots help you get smoother supple skin. The antioxidant properties of carrot juice prevent and treats premature signs of aging that include wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots.
2. Helps in getting glowing skin
Carrots are a rich source of vitamin C, which boosts the collagen of the skin. The nutrient helps to keep signs of aging at bay, as well as providing a glow to the face. In addition to these, Vitamin C in carrots also nourishes and hydrates the skin, keeping dryness away.
3. Reduces skin inflammation
The carotenoids, vitamins (A & C) and minerals found in carrot help in healing skin inflammation, red patches, and various skin diseases. In addition to reducing skin issues, the juice also flushes out toxins from your face for a smooth and glowing texture.
4. Helps prevent acne
Vitamin A and C present in the carrot juice helps to heal and strengthen the skin. These properties also help to treat acne and blemishes, along with managing and reducing the scars on the face.
5. Controls oil secretion and helps improve complexion
The presence of beta-carotene and Vitamin A in carrots, controls, and balances the sebum production on the face. Vitamin A also helps in making the skin brighter and lighter.
Homemade Carrot Juice Face Mask Recipes
#1 Carrot juice and raw milk
- Mix a tablespoon of fresh carrot juice, with a teaspoon of raw milk in a clean bowl. After that, apply the mixture on your face with a cotton ball.
- Clean your face with cotton balls soaked in cold water in the morning.
- The lactic acid in the milk removes the dead skin from the face, and the antioxidants in carrot juice help you get brighter smoother skin.
#2 Carrot juice and cinnamon powder
- Add a pinch of cinnamon powder in two tablespoons of carrot juice and mix well.
- Dip cotton balls in the mix and keep in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Now apply this mix on your face before bedtime with the help of the cotton balls.
- Wash your face in the morning or clean gently with cold water-soaked cotton pads/balls.
- The cinnamon in the recipe actively helps treat the acne and blemishes, and the carrot juice helps reduce inflammation and keeps the skin hydrated.
Carrot Juice Recipe
The topical application of the juice works well for the skin. However, if you wish to drink the juice for reaping its benefits for the body, we have a recipe for you right here!
- Two fresh carrots
- One cup of water
- Half a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Properly clean and peel the carrots. Now dice the carrots in small pieces.
- Put these in a food processor and blend them well.
- After the carrots have been blended in a smooth paste, add chilled water and lemon juice to the mix.
- Blend again and strain with the help of cheesecloth.
It is best if you consume carrot juice without adding any sweeteners. You can, however, add a pinch of salt to the juice. The juice is most beneficial when consumed on an empty stomach.
So, apply it on your face before bed or drink it in the morning! Use carrot juice for a beautiful face and a healthy body!