If you’re willing to take a chance with natural products on your skin, try this secret from the geishas of Japan, camellia oil. Know more about Camellia oil for face in this article.
What is camellia oil?
Camellia oil is a Japenese beauty secret, which is cold-pressed and extracted from the seeds of the camellia plant. Rich in vitamins (A, B and E), Fatty acids (Omega 3, 6 and 9) and polyphenols, the centuries-old Japanese beauty oil is finally becoming famous in the world. Camellia oil encourages supple and smooth skin and protects it from environmental damage because of its sebum like composition. Camellia oil is an excellent source of enriching nutrients for all skin, hair, and body. Below are some benefits of using camellia oil for the face along with some DIY recipes to incorporate it into your daily skincare regime.
Let’s know the benefits of the natural beauty product for your face:
1. Source of Nourishment
The moisturizing properties of camellia oil make it an ideal addition for your face in your daily beauty regime. The skin absorbs the lightweight oil quickly and makes a healthy barrier that locks the moisture inside without clogging the pores. The oil provides a non-greasy, velvety smooth finish, which is suitable for all skin types; even acne-prone skin. As the molecular structure of camellia oil is similar to sebum, it balances natural secretion as well as harness the nourishing properties of the plant seed for radiant skin.
2. Anti-aging properties
The exotic oil contains skin restorative properties and nutrients. The fatty acids, plant collagen and squalene present in camellia oil help the skin preserve a youthful complexion and work on other skin issues such as hyperpigmentation, dark circles, wrinkles, and fine lines.
3. Natural Sunscreen and Healing Properties
The anti-inflammatory properties and high content of vitamin E oil in camellia seeds heal and rejuvenate the skin. Also rich in antioxidants, camellia oil reduces the signs of skin damage caused by the Sun rays.
How to Use Camellia Oil for the Face?
The botanically derived oil can be a part of various steps in your beauty regime as it is a perfect ingredient to naturally restore your skin. You can add camellia oil in your scrubs, face creams, lotions, serums and even use it as a facial cleanser.
- To use as is; take and rub a small amount of camellia oil in your palms and pat all over your face and neck. Massage in a circular motion till the oil gets absorbed. For best results, use before bedtime.
- To use camellia oil as a cleanser, massage a coin-sized amount on your face and neck. Use cotton pads or muslin cloth soaked and rinsed in lukewarm water to clean.
DIY Recipes with Camellia Oil for Face:
Face Serum recipe
- 30 ml camellia oil
- 15 ml argan oil
- 5 drops of frankincense oil
- 3 drops of cistus essential oil
Blend the ingredients and store this face serum in a clean glass dropper bottle. Apply four drops (forehead, cheeks, and chin) on a damp face and massage in a circular motion till absorbed.
Face scrub recipe
- Camellia oil- 1 teaspoon
- Kaolin clay- 2 teaspoon
- Baking soda- 1 teaspoon
- 1-2 teaspoon rosewater (depending on the consistency)
Create a thick paste by adding camellia oil and rosewater to kaolin clay and baking powder mix. Apply like a mask on your face and scrub off with circular massage motion when partially dry. Rinse off with lukewarm water and clean with cotton pads or a soft muslin cloth.
Face cream recipe
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoon of camellia oil
- 5 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops palmarosa essential oil
- 1/2-1 cup aloe vera gel
- Melt the coconut oil on low heat and add camellia oil, frankincense essential oil and palmarosa essential oil to the pot.
- Cool the liquid down in a bowl.
- With a mixer/blender, start blending the oil and add aloe vera gel in intervals.
- Blend till the cream emulsifies and reach a fluffy texture.
- Apply every morning after cleaning your face.
The beauty secret can help you achieve glowing and youthful skin. Incorporate camellia oil in your skincare regime today to experience the difference!