Struggling with dull and frizzy hair? Seek refuge in Calamansi for hair treatment as this fruit has magical ingredients for hair!
There is a range of citrus fruits available in the market, among them is calamansi but yet different. It is cultivated as a citrus hybrid between kumquat and mandarin in regions of South Asia, mainly the Philippines. Also known as Philippine lime, calamansi has a naturally sour taste, which is higher than lemons and oranges combined. This makes it a very popular ingredient for making condiments and marmalades. It is a tiny fruit, smaller than a lemon, with a green peel and a bright orange pulp.
Apart from being a delicious fruit, calamansi has a range of benefits for your skin and hair. Calamansi is rich in Vitamin C, which not only provides health benefits but can change how your skin and hair look. Let’s look at how you can use calamansi for hair treatment and why is it beneficial for your hair!
Calamansi For Hair Treatment
1. Reduces dandruff
Calamansi is effective in treating an itchy scalp and reducing dandruff. It helps restore the natural pH balance of the scalp, which is a major cause of dandruff.
2. Promotes Hair Growth
Calamansi’s acidic nature helps remove the dead skin cells from the scalp and unclog the hair follicles. This promotes hair growth, thereby decreasing the occurrence of split ends and breakage.
3. Improve Scalp Health
Calamansi is an effective solution for cleaning up the scalp, and it helps get rid of dirt build-up and dead skin cells. All of this helps in improving the overall health of the scalp. Good scalp health, in turn, ensures healthy and voluminous hair.
4. Voluminous Hair
If you want your hair to look full and voluminous, then calamansi could be your best shot! Applying it to the scalp can remove excess oil that can make your hair flat. Its cleansing properties make the hair bouncy and give it a voluminous look.
How to Use Calamansi?
- Apply Calamansi juice directly on the scalp and let it stay for 10-15 minutes before washing with lukewarm water.
- This treatment gives immediate results, but applying it regularly can provide a more permanent solution.
- Applying a mixture of Calamansi juice and coconut milk can nourish the scalp and moisturize the hair. Apply it for 15 minutes from the scalp to the bottom of the hair strands and wash with lukewarm water.
- You may not use a conditioner after shampooing as this will provide enough moisture to the hair.
Good hair and skin are the results of what we consume. Having calamansi daily as part of your diet can help meet your body’s daily Vitamin C needs and give naturally healthy hair. It also has antioxidants, potassium, Vitamin A, and calcium, giving a stronger immunity.
- Do not go out in the sun after treating your hair with Calamansi for at least an hour, as its acidic nature can trigger sun damage.
- If you have sensitive skin, then be careful while applying calamansi. Avoid contact with the skin as it can lead to irritation. A patch test is always advisable when using any type of new ingredient on the hair or skin.
This fruit might be challenging to find in some countries, but if you find it, make sure you use it for the many benefits it can provide.