Get rid of mice infestation in your house and the diseases attached by using a simple ingredient from your kitchen- create a baking soda poison for mice!
Mice infestation is a severe issue in various places across the globe. The pests should not be taken lightly as exposure to rat droppings, and urine can trigger allergies and diseases. Mouse urine emits poisonous gases that are harmful to humans, specifically infants. Sometimes even the rat traps are not enough to keep the rodents away from your house permanently. Here is an inexpensive item from your kitchen pantry that can get rid of mice- Baking soda! Learn how to use baking soda to get rid of the rodents. Baking soda is one of the most readily available options for making rat/mice poison at home. Follow the recipe for baking soda poison for mice below!
Recipe of Baking Soda Poison for Mice
You will need:
- Disposable gloves
- 1 cup of flour
- A cup of sugar/powdered sweet chocolate
- 1 cup of baking soda
How to make it and follow up on the process:
- The most crucial step is to stay safe and wear disposable gloves before you make the mix.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients properly. The sugar or chocolate mix helps in attracting the mice to the bait.
- Split the mix in jar lids and place it into the areas where you have noticed mice droppings or corners.
- Try and place the bait in different corners for a few days.
- Monitor your house closely after the process for a few days to see if there are any new/fresh droppings or dead rats.
- If found, remove immediately with disposable gloves.
How does baking soda work as a poison?
Based on the simple idea and knowledge of the inability to burp in mice, baking soda proves to be an ideal non-toxic poison for rats & mice. The composition of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) decomposes in the mouse’s body after consumption. The process creates carbon dioxide mixed with present acids in the stomach and produces gas, which the mouse is unable to release.
The built-up gas in their system, eventually causes blockage in their internal organs and system or rupture that leads to their death.
The mice become incredibly uncomfortable after consuming the baking soda bait. They might go outdoor and die outside, but be careful of your surroundings and monitor dark corners and holes (if any) accurately to get rid of dead mice immediately.
How to keep mice away?
Apart from staying vigilant and alert about your surroundings, it would be best if you took corrective measures to get rid of mice. The species is infamous for being super-secretive, which means if you regularly see a few mice in your home, you might be facing a full-blown infestation. If you are facing a severe infestation and feel home remedies won’t help anymore, immediately get in touch with professional assistance.
It is evident that prevention is better than cure, and we couldn’t agree more. Even though sometimes you can’t help these rodents taking shelter in your homes for warmth or food, you should take some preventive methods to try and keep them away. Here are a few ways to achieve the same.
- Make sure all food items are appropriately sealed or stored inside boxes.
- All food crumbs should be cleaned properly.
- Tie garbage bags properly and dispose of any food items in closed garbage bins.
- Clean after your pet thoroughly.
- Regularly clean any crawl spaces and dark corners in your home.
- Seal any holes you find immediately or place the baking soda mixture.