Using aspirin and alcohol for cracked heels is not only easy but is effective in treating the heels! Find out the recipe and more in this article.
The inadequate care routine we give to our feet is reflected through the cracked heels and the calluses. The most common reason for cracked heels is dehydration. Cracked heels result in immense pain and of course, they look terrible. The heel’s dryness and cracking can worsen due to the friction caused by the back of the shoes. Most often than not, we tend to overlook cracked heels and let them heal on their own.
But if the condition worsens, cracked heels can become intensely painful and can cause difficulties in walking or standing. There are many reasons for your heels to crack and most of the time it is due to dehydration and friction. Find out the causes of cracked heels below and an effective remedy with aspirin and alcohol.
Reasons for Cracked Heels
Cracked heels are a result when the skin around the heel becomes dry and thick. And when excess pressure is put on the cracked heels, the condition starts worsening and the skin splits. This split can be due to obesity, diabetes, or wearing open-heel footwear.
Seasonal factors also contribute to cracked heels, such as in the winter season. The skin becomes dry during the winter season resulting in cracked heels. Lack of moisturization in the foot area leads the skin to break and become dry and itchy.
Similarly, if you put your foot in hot water for longer than usual, it can break the moisturized seal of the skin and result in cracked heels. Do not scrub your feet when it is dry as it can break the skin even more. Likewise, refrain from using harsh chemicals and/or soaps on the feet as they can damage the soft skin around the heels. Use Epsom salt in moderation to scrub your feet as a way to ditch chemical products.
Aspirin and Alcohol for Cracked Heels
The most consumed analgesic in the world is Aspirin. It is effective against various pains and is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. This medicine can work wonders for your feet too as it promotes relaxation. Besides, it relieves the pain from the foot that happens due to the cracking of the heels. It contains exfoliating compounds that reduce the dead cells from the foot. These compounds, in turn, helps soften the calluses, thus facilitating their elimination from the foot. Aspirin has a regenerating effect that helps in expediting the recovery of cracked or injured skin. It also helps in reducing the itching. Furthermore, it helps eliminate the fungi present in the foot that can cause severe skin infections.
Here is how you can prepare the homemade remedy with Aspirin and alcohol for cracked heels.
- Ten Aspirins
- One Glass of Alcohol (250 ml)
- One Dark Glass Container
- Cotton Balls
- Transparent Film
- Take the Aspirins and crumble them in a mortar until it pulverizes.
- Now, put them in the glass container and add alcohol to it.
- Put the lid of the glass container and shake it well to mix both the ingredients.
- Store it in a cool and dry place and allow it to rest for 24-48 hours
- During this resting period, make sure that you shake it well several times so that the aspirins do not settle at the bottom.
- After 48 hours, you can apply the mixture to your cracked heels.
How to apply Aspirin for cracked heels?
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in the Aspirin and Alcohol mixture.
- Apply it to the affected area of the foot, where you feel the pain due to related cracked heels.
- Now, wrap the cracked heel with the transparent film, ensuring that the cotton stays on the affected area.
- Cover your heels with a pair of socks and go to sleep.
- Wash your feet in the morning with warm water.
- Dry your feet and moisturize them.
- You can repeat this process for ten evenings in a row. You will see a considerable improvement in your feet.
For best results, it is advised to apply this mixture before going to sleep. It works well when you rest your feet and avoid walking or standing. Ensure that you dry your feet thoroughly in the morning after applying the mix.