Aloe vera might be your saving grace to maintain smooth hair! Try it today with this Aloe vera hair detangler recipe.
Ask anyone with curls, and they can tell you how hard it is to find the right products for their hair, especially hair detanglers, to manage and work through the knots in their hair.
A beauty aid, aloe vera has been used for various health and beauty products for decades. The nourishing properties of the natural cactus plant extract are also beneficial to keep hair healthy, soft, and detangled. This efficient and economical plant extract can be an excellent addition to your hair regime and can help you get smooth long hair. Aloe vera is a powerhouse of pure water, around 18 amino acids, 12 kinds of vitamins, and 20 minerals. Let us learn more about how and why aloe vera is ideal for detangling the hair, and we’ll also share an aloe vera hair detangler recipe.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Hair Detangler
1. Reduces friction
The healing properties of aloe vera gel close the cuticles of the hair, giving them a smooth, shiny look. The features also help in reducing the friction between curls, resulting in nourished bouncy hair that glides effortlessly without forming knots and tangles.
2. Provides hydration
An excellent source of hydration for the hair, aloe vera gel combats curly hair and adds more luster to the texture. The amino acids present in aloe vera smoothens and controls stray hair that helps in achieving defined curls without the knots.
3. Balances PH levels
The anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera are beneficial in maintaining a healthy scalp. Aloe vera nourishes the scalp and balances the PH levels for healthy hair growth. The keratin improves the hair texture and promotes healthier new hair that glides rather than going stray and tangling.
Aloe Vera Hair Detangler Recipe
- Two tablespoons of aloe vera gel (has a plethora of beneficial nutrients for hair)
- Two tablespoons of vegetable glycerin ( soothes the dry and damaged hair and locks in the moisture)
- Four tablespoons of distilled water (boiled and condensed water, without any impurities)
- Two drops of lavender oil (the gentle essential oil gives the detangler a pleasant aroma and leaves a soothing effect)
- Four drops of argan oil (softens hair strands and makes detangling easier)
- Add all the ingredients in a clean glass bowl and mix till everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture in a sterilized spray bottle and store it in the refrigerator when not in use.
- Spray the mix on your hair after washing them or whenever you encounter a knot. Comb through gently and work through the tangles with absolute ease.
In case you have never used aloe vera products before, spray a small amount of detangler on a hair strand and monitor the effects for 12 hours. If the product doesn’t seem to have favorable effects on your hair, discontinue immediately. However, if you use natural aloe vera, the chances of side effects are much less!
If you wish to experiment with the recipe of the detangler, you can substitute the water with apple cider vinegar (ACV). Apple cider vinegar is an excellent hair conditioner that adds on to the smoothness of the hair. It also adds on to the properties of the detangler.
Are you ready to try aloe vera gel for your hair? Let us know your thoughts about using this aloe vera gel detangler recipe for your naturally curly hair.