Are you looking for a solution to make every day a good hair day? Check out these DIY hair growth serum recipes for healthy hair growth and beautiful hair.
Hair loss is a nightmare almost everyone is facing these days due to environmental factors, stress, and unhealthy diets. Adding on to our regular hair woes of frizzy, dry, oily hair, amongst others, losing hair at a rapid pace can be daunting. Even as there are several hair serums available in the market that claim to solve all your hair problems, the small bottles turn out to be extremely expensive and sometimes not customized as per your hair needs.
Understanding what hair serums are:
A liquid concoction created specifically to coat and protect your hair cuticle or treat your scalp while adding shine, bounce, and beautiful texture to your hair. Apart from getting rid of frizziness in your hair caused due to the use of chemical products, hair serums moisturize hair and protect them from other environmental aggressors as well.
Here are some cost-effective hair serum recipes that will help you with hair growth:
#1 Castor Oil Hair Growth Serum (dry, frizzy hair)
The high amount of ricinoleic acid in castor oil makes this ingredient an ideal add-on to the recipe of hair growth serums. Castor oil balances the pH level of the scalp and treats dry, curly hair. The essential oils in the recipe add on to the benefits of the hair serum for shinier, healthier smooth hair.
- Four tablespoons of castor oil
- Ten drops of basil essential oil
- Eight to ten drops of rosemary essential oil
- Ten drops of cedarwood essential oil
- Four tablespoons of pure safflower oil
- One teaspoon water
- Mix and store all ingredients in a clean glass bottle.
- Massage the hair serum on your hair and scalp at night.
- Repeat every alternate day if you feel the need to, otherwise, use it whenever you face dryness in the hair.
#2 Aloe Vera Gel Hair Serum (oily hair)
The nettle leaves in the DIY serum stimulates hair growth, and the aloe vera gel controls the oil formation of the scalp.
- 1/2 cup of dry nettle leaves
- 1 cup of Water
- Four tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Ten drops of lavender essential oil
- Ten drops of rosemary essential oil
- Boil the nettle leaves in water and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Strain the leaves and mix the water with other ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly and blend all ingredients.
- Put the serum in a clean bottle.
- Massage a generous amount of the hair serum on your hair and roots at night.
- Repeat as necessary.
#3 Jojoba Oil DIY Hair Growth Serum (thin hair)
An ideal hair serum recipe for thin, low-density hair, this hair serum boosts the growth of hair and works on the density and thickness of the hair as well.
- Four tablespoons jojoba oil
- Five drops of basil essential oil
- Ten drops of lavender essential oil
- Five drops of rosemary essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a clean glass bottle and shake well to blend them.
- Take around a teaspoon on your palms and massage it on your scalp and hair.
- This will nourish your hair from deep within. Apply it twice a week, better if you apply it at night and wash the hair next morning.
#4 Oil Hair Serum (all hair types)
- Four tablespoons of coconut oil
- Two tablespoons of avocado oil
- Two capsules of vitamin E oil
- In a clean bottle, pour the oils and shake well to mix them.
- Take some serum on your palms and massage well on the scalp and the hair.
- Leave for four hours and then shampoo your hair.
#5 Green Tea Hair Serum (curly hair)
- One green tea teabag
- One teaspoon ginger juice
- One tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1/2 cup of water
- Two drops of rosemary oil
- Boil the green tea teabag in 1/2 cup of water and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Add the other ingredients in the tea water and pour it in a clean spray bottle.
- Spray all over your scalp and hair.
- Gently massage your scalp and hair and leave the serum on for a few hours before a wash.
- Add two green tea bags in a jug full of boiling water and keep aside till it cools.
- Use this green tea water to rinse your hair after the hair wash for shinier bouncier hair.
Make these hair serums at home to boost your hair growth, without using any chemicals.