If you look around carefully, coriander is a part of several skincare products. It is also a popular ingredient for various homemade recipes. Know all about the coriander leaves benefits for face here.
There is a good reason behind coriander being a popular choice of herb for products, including face masks, shampoos, soaps, and moisturizing lotions. Packed with antioxidants, antiseptic and anti-fungal properties, this herb soothes, treats, and rejuvenates your skin. Finally, its time to find out more about coriander leaves benefits for the face!
Coriander Leave Benefits for Face
1. Reduces Acne and Marks on the Face
Coriander is rich in antioxidants like Vitamin C; this property of the herb helps detoxify the skin. In addition to that, coriander creates a protective shield for the face against free radicals and pollutants. An ideal ingredient for oily skin, not only does coriander helps controls oil secretion of the face, but it also helps in reducing active acne and acne scars.
2. Gently Exfoliates the Skin
Coriander leaves blended and mixed with coarse coriander seeds act as an ideal scrub to exfoliate and restore your skin. In addition to removing the dead skin cells from the face, the presence of vitamins and minerals in the coriander leaves helps restore the skin’s elasticity and rejuvenate it.
3. Treats Rashes and Other Skin Issues
The anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties of the coriander leaves help soothe the skin. It addresses mild skin issues like rashes & sunburns and, at the same time, treats severe skin issues like eczema and dermatitis. You can make a paste of the leaves and seeds with rose water to apply on the skin and relieve your skin from sunburns instantly. You can also make ice-cubes with blended coriander leaves and rub them on your rashes for instant relief.
4. Reduces Signs of Aging
The rich source of Vitamin A in the coriander leaves helps your skin maintain a healthy mucous membrane. This improves the elasticity of the skin and also delays the onset of wrinkles, fine lines, and pigmentation.
5. Improves Overall Health of the Skin
Brewed coriander leaves water helps relieve gas. It also improves digestion. These health benefitting properties play a crucial role in improving skin quality. Also, cold coriander water or paste mixed in face packs can help you avoid eruptions, allergies, and skin dryness.
How to Use Coriander Leaves for Your Face
There are various forms in which coriander leaves can be incorporated in your skincare regime as face packs, gel moisturizers, lip balms, and toners. Here are a few DIY recipes you can make with fresh coriander leaves.
Homemade Coriander Face Pack Recipe
This coriander face mask recipe promotes smooth, flawless skin.
- Half cup oatmeal powder
- A quarter cup of milk
- A quarter cup of chopped cucumbers
- Half cup of coriander leaves (washed)
- In a food processor, add and blend all the ingredients until they form a smooth paste.
- After that, take it out in a clean bowl and apply it all over your face and neck.
- Let it sit for twenty minutes, and then rinse it with cold water.
- Finally, pat dry your skin with a microfibre towel.
Acne Treatment Coriander Face Pack
This face pack recipe helps you get clean, smooth skin and treats active acne and scars.
- One teaspoon lemongrass
- One teaspoon fresh coriander leaves
- A teaspoon of dried chamomile flowers
- Add all the ingredients in a pot and boil it with half a cup of water
- After that, let the water cool down.
- Now put the cooled down soaked leaves in a food processor to blend and make a smooth paste.
- Clean your skin properly and then apply the paste on your face and neck.
- Let the pack sit for twenty minutes and then rinse it with cold water.
Drinking coriander tea is also beneficial for your skin. Brew a cup of tea with fresh coriander leaves and add lemon juice to it. Drink this tea on an empty stomach every morning for glowing radiant skin.
Reap the amazing benefits of fresh coriander leaves for your skin today.