You can do more with a glass of wine than enjoy it with your food. Enjoy its beauty benefits with this red wine face mask recipe!
A supporter of healthy heart and skin, red wine is famous for its health and beauty benefitting properties. However, you can do more than drink it to experience its effects on your skin. As a wine lover, nothing can intrigue you more than adding more wine to your life. Here are a few red wine face mask benefits and red wine face mask recipes that you can enjoy with it!
Red Wine Face Mask Benefits
1. Anti-Aging Properties-
Packed with antioxidants like flavonoid, tannin, and resveratrol; red wine restores the elasticity of the skin. It boosts the collagen, resulting in a youthful, glowing complexion. The polyphenols also protect the skin from damaging free radicals.
2. Fights Acne
The delicious elixir has anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties, which help fight acne and blemishes. The topical application of red wine also reduces dark spots and marks on the skin. The wine cleans out the pores thoroughly and closes them to prevent future breakouts as well.
3. Improves Complexion
Red wine actively works on restoring the glow of your skin. It enhances blood circulation and helps you regain an even skin tone. Drinking or applying red wine can help you get rid of dull skin. So use the Red wine face masks while you enjoy a glass.
4. Improves Sleep
The melatonin in red wine helps release the sleep hormones for healthy sleep patterns that result in healthy, youthful skin. As the skin repairs itself during sleep, a healthy sleep adds on to the glow of your face.
Red Wine Face Mask Recipes
#1 Honey and Wine – Anti-Ageing
An effective face mask for dull skin, honey, and red wine improves your complexion and makes your skin glow. This face mask hydrates, moisturizes, and tightens the skin.
- One egg (White part)
- Two tablespoons of red wine
- One tablespoon honey
- One teaspoon rose water
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients to form a smooth paste.
- Massage the face pack on your face with your fingers in a circular motion.
- Leave it on the face for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Gently pat dry your skin and end with a massage with aloe vera gel.
- Apply once a week for the best visible results.
#2 Red Wine and Chocolate Face Pack – Complexion
The red wine and chocolate face pack helps with skin restoration and rejuvenation. The olive oil in the recipe moisturizes the face and keeps the skin smooth and supple.
- Two tablespoons of red wine (more if required)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of cocoa powder (sifted)
- Five drops of extra virgin olive oil
- In a clean bowl, mix all the ingredients and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the face pack on your face with a brush and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry with a microfibre towel.
#3 Honey, Yogurt, and Wine Face Mask- Acne-Prone Skin
- One cup of yogurt
- One tablespoon of honey
- Two tablespoons of wine
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients and keep on side.
- Clean your face with a face wash and gently pat dry before applying the face pack.
- Apply the face pack and leave it to dry for 25-30 minutes.
- Wipe off with rosewater soaked cotton swabs
- Wash face with cold water.
#4 Cucumber and Red Wine Pack- Anti-Aging
- Two tablespoons of red wine
- One tablespoon cucumber juice
- 2-4 drops of lavender essential oil
- Face mask sheet
- Mix all the ingredients well in a clean flat bowl.
- Open and dip the face mask sheet in the mix.
- Apply the sheet on the face and leave for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sheet and massage the remnants on the face.
- After 30 minutes, wash your face with cold water and pat dry.
Red wine face masks are incredibly useful and are ideal for youthful, glowing skin. Need more recipes that pamper your skin? Follow us to know more skincare tips and DIY recipes.